(based on Components of the Game for the U7/U8 Age Group as identified by US Youth Soccer)
- Player understands qualities of a rolling or spinning ball (knows where it’s going to go).
- Player can lift ball
- Player understands block tackle
- Player can receive ground balls with the inside and sole of the foot
- Player shoots with the inside of the foot
- Player uses toe passing and shooting
- Player can dribble while changing direction.
- Player can execute a push pass
- Eye-foot and eye-hand coordination
- Player works in pairs with other teammates
- Player exhibits good sportsmanship
- Player needs limited parental involvement
- Player understands general concepts of how to play
- Player has good emotional management
- Player uses creativity
- Player understands roles of back line and forward line
- Player understands 1v1 attack and choosing to dribble or pass
- Player uses problem solving in small sided situations
- Player cooperates with teammates to play together (passing)
- Player understands to run back to help on defense
US Youth Soccer Player Development Model – October, 2013 – Available on ASC Website.